Check It Out Y’all!…Only a few spots left…My friend Chef Charles brings his culinary skills to BK, and it’s going to be something else!
Chef Charles Disanayake invites you to taste contemporary Sri Lankan cuisine. This six-course tasting menu takes you on a journey through Sri Lanka, with each course highlighting the different flavors of each region and ethnic group. Sri Lankan cuisine incorporates the influences of the country’s evolving population, borrowing flavors present before, introduced during, and developed after the Colonial Period. Charles’s menu demonstrates the versatility and sophistication of Sri Lankan cuisine, and showcases dishes you won’t find anywhere else in New York.
A self-taught chef and restaurant consultant, Charles Disanayake’s culinary career has taken him around the world. He has hosted underground supper clubs in New York, Munich, London, and Sri Lanka. Charles’s New York supper club events have been featured in Business Insider magazine as one of the top 12 supper clubs in New York City.
Welcome Cocktail: Rum, Ginger, Lemongrass and Lychee
Sri Lankan Supper Club Menu
- Coconut and Cashew Crusted Shrimp with Micro Greens and Chili Mango Chutney
- Baked Chili Peppers Stuffed with Anchovies, Garlic and Paneer
- “Tissue” Roti with Slow-Roasted Chicken, Scallions, Eggs, and Curry Dip
- Crumb-fried Spicy Beef Crepes with Sweet Chili Sauce and Cilantro Lime Chutney
- Dutch Lamprais – Saffron Rice, Beef, Chicken, Lamb and Pork Curry, Shrimp Sambal, Beef Frikandel and Curried Eggplant Cooked in Banana Leaves (This course can be served with just chicken for those who don’t eat beef or pork)
- Wattalapam with Jaggery, Cashews, and Coconut Milk
Sri Lankan Supper Club Vegan/Vegetarian Menu
- Coconut and Cashew Crusted Tofu with Micro Greens tossed in a tamarind Vinaigrette with Chili Mango Chutney
- Baked Chili Peppers Stuffed with Sweet Chili Caramelized Onions with a Panko Crust
- “Tissue” Roti stuffed with Curried Mushrooms,Leeks and Cherry Tomato’s and Curry Dip
- Crumb-fried Vegetarian Rolls stuffed with Spiced Potatoes and Peas with Sweet Chili Sauce and Cilantro Lime Chutney
- Dutch Lamprais – Saffron Rice, Mixed Vegetarian Curry, Chili Sambal, Vegetarian Frikandel and Curried Eggplant Cooked in Banana Leaves (This course can be served with just chicken for those who don’t eat beef or pork)
- Tapioca Cooked with Jaggery, Cashews, and Coconut Milk topped with Raspberries
Chef selected wine pairings included with each course